Once you send out your draft to beta-readers you can expect a few sleepless nights, some solitary walks in the rain and a period of nervous reflection.
Here are 15 things you consider during this troubling time:
- Changing your name and assuming a new identity. “Lucy who?”
- Having a sudden bout of Writer Amnesia when their feedback returns. “Good grief did I write that…sorry can’t recall anything about a romance novel!”
- Making a knee jerk genre change before their feedback comes in. “Yes I have just made the natural leap from romance to serious political thrillers!”
- Will they like it as much as you do?
- How your literary baby is doing out there, on its own, in the big wide world?
- All the things you should have done to your draft but failed to do, because by the end you had no energy left.
- The amount of thinking time it took up when…
View original post 198 more words