Naming characters is hard and there are painful consequences if you get it wrong. If you have ever written 70k + words with a character who has an irritating name, you will know where I am coming from on this.
Here are some things you need to know before you start the naming process:
- The amount of time you will spend thinking about the names of imaginary folk will shock you.
- If you struggled naming children, pets or toys – you are in for a rough ride!
- Loved ones may panic or get excited when you are caught browsing baby naming sites.
- When someone uses your character’s name in real life you will get a strange tingling sensation.
- You might experience some embarrassment when revealing the names of your characters.
- If you talk in your sleep you can expect to say your character names. Handy tip – supply your loved…
View original post 540 more words